Wednesday, 28 March 2012

GLITTER GIRL

Good morning everyone, here is my take on a Creative Scrapbook Sketch. See below. First of all I chose the background cardstock which I think is Glitz and its just layers of lace, very pretty. Then I matted the photo in pink cardstock! Then I layered up as per the sketch. I chose some basic grey mottled yellow and black and the bazzill pink. I added two lacey doilys which I backed in pink, added the yellow on top of the doilys then cut out two lacey acrylic half circles from some Prima packaging that the Prima butterflies came in. I handmade the ribbon lace flower and stitiched the button on top. I added flowers, butterflies and pearly gems. I added some glitter and a glittery die cut bird and birdcage. I die cut the title Glitter Girl as this was Jess in a show and she was smothered in glitter!
I entered this into a challenge using a black and white photo over at the Flying Unicorn. See link.
Here is the Creative Sketches Sketch.

Most of the flowers came from Wild Orchid Crafts. As did the pearly gems.