Thursday, 29 August 2013

HERITAGE



Morning lovely scrappers.

For todays layout I have used inspiration  from Berry 71 Bleu - August challenge -  to use textiles.
http://berry71bleu.blogspot.co.uk
No sketch for this one, I just winged it!
For this layout I applied Gesso all over my background cardstock to dull it down a little to give more of a vintage feel. I also misted the background with some tattered angels mists.
I then matted my photo and adhered to my cardstock.
I  started adding my layers, starting with the large doily.
Next I added some cardboard that I painted white.
I added another doily with green backing card.
For my textiles I made a hessian/burlap flower, a bow in hessian/burlap, and a piece of cotton seam binding that I sprayed with glimmer mist and ruched and attached with hot glue.
Then I added in a few extra layers that I inked and used some alphas for the title.
I added a metal button for my flower centre and decorated with assorted flowers and butterflies.
SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Pretty paper
White doilies
White gesso
White paint
Cardboard
Hessian/Burlap
White seam binding
Butterflies and beads
Metal button
Assorted flowers
Websters pages alphabet stickers.
I hope you like it.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING MY BLOG AND LEAVING ME LOVELY COMMENTS, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.