Saturday 4 February 2012

OUR HOUSE

Hi everyone, here is a layout I have just finished using a sketchabilities sketch no.64.
I loved using this sketch as its just right for my style. I used all my most favourite things. Pink and green and doilies and flowers and butterflies and pearls.
I chose some brown cardstock from my stash, which picked out the brown of the roof, then chose the green that matched the lawn. This then needed a pop of colour so I chose pink as it goes great with green. 
I then placed on the doilys.
Next I matted the photos onto pink cardstock, then onto some green paper that  I cut out using a template.
I added a border in green that I cut with some scalloped scissors.
I then cut a larger border using a scalloped template.
I then added a few peices of torn Prima pink paper .
Now that the basis was done I started to decorate. I added the flowers with pink brads then hand cut the bunting. I just doubled over some fabric and hand cut some triangles. I then took some coloured twine and stapled the bunting peices on top. I then coloured them in with inks in pink, green and brown. I attached the bunting with pink velvet brads.  I then punched out some butterflies, added the pearls. I added a title and some journaling. All done. Why not give it a go. See sketch below. Happy scrapping.

9 comments:

  1. Carole, this is really lovely. the pinks, greens and brown work so well together!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work with the sketch...
    Adorable page!
    tks for playing along at Sketchabilities
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours on this page, everything just seems to match well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, love the layers and the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Awesome layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout ! thanks for playing with us !

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Love the banner and the green & pink colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous page - this is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.