Wednesday 10 October 2012

THE CATCH OF THE DAY



Hi everyone, here is my latest layout using a sketch from Scrap That  - October and an all white challenge at the Flying Unicorn for my inspiration.
The trouble is because everything is white its hard to pick out the details!
Anyway, here is what I did,
I started off with some white bazzill cardstock and used it for matting my photos and for the background.
I then used some home made paste (I will share the recipe later) and a Prima honeycomb mask and I masked up the four corners of the page. I was quite pleased with the results as the honeycomb came out really well.
I adhered a large doily and added the photos.
Then I die cut three small retro hearts and three small butterflies plus a larger butterfly.
I made a scalloped border (unfortunately you cant really see it, and  stuck that down. I used some ric rak in white on top and I painted some holey border in white for another border.
I then started to add my flowers and pearls, and a hand made stick pin in white pearls.
I added a title and the date and there you have it, an all white page. Why not give it a try. See sketch below.


Here are some close ups

http://scrapthat.ning.com/forum/topics/october-tip-toe-through-fall-kit-sketch-challenge


 Scrappy Stash
Bazzill cardstock - white
Doily
Sizzix retro heart die
Cheery Lyn Butterfly dies small
Ric Rac
Mix of white flowers
Pearls
Stick pin
Border with holes (it was sticky backed on a roll, cant remember what you call it, Ive had it for years!)
Scalloped scissors large
White paint
White texture paint - homemade see recipe below

WHITE TEXTURE PASTE - Homemade
One airtight container
One wooden spoon to mix
2 tablespoons of white acrylic paint
2 tablespoons of white PVA glue
2 tablespoons of talcum powder or
2 tablespoons of baking soda for a thicker mix
Method
Start with the paint and stir and add each ingredient one by one.
Make sure you keep it in an airtight container.
If you want a thinner mixture just add a little water.
To make it thicker, add more talc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.