Wednesday, 4 April 2012

FAR OUT

Happy End of Term everyone, and hope you get some scrapping time in. Here is a layout I've done for the sketch challenge at Stuck On U Sketches. See below.
I really struggled with the colours for this one. I loved the sketch as it is clean and simple which i like, but because of all the colours in the photo, I just couldnt find anything that matched. Im a bit matchy matchy Im afraid! In the end I chose a white for the bulk of the background and took the pink from my dress and the green from both the dress and top. I wanted to use flower power paper but couldnt find any. This was the best I could come up with. This was fairly easy after I had the cardstock put together. Just layer up and decorate to your hearts content. This was taken at our 60s fancy dress party. I made the large flower from some ribbon I found at poundland and I made the centre using pearls and a heat gun. I die cut the butterflies and found fabby bright pink pearls in the Works. I then finished off with some journaling and a sticker title. Hope you like it.

Here is the sketch from SOUS.