Wednesday 4 April 2012

FAR OUT

Happy End of Term everyone, and hope you get some scrapping time in. Here is a layout I've done for the sketch challenge at Stuck On U Sketches. See below.
I really struggled with the colours for this one. I loved the sketch as it is clean and simple which i like, but because of all the colours in the photo, I just couldnt find anything that matched. Im a bit matchy matchy Im afraid! In the end I chose a white for the bulk of the background and took the pink from my dress and the green from both the dress and top. I wanted to use flower power paper but couldnt find any. This was the best I could come up with. This was fairly easy after I had the cardstock put together. Just layer up and decorate to your hearts content. This was taken at our 60s fancy dress party. I made the large flower from some ribbon I found at poundland and I made the centre using pearls and a heat gun. I die cut the butterflies and found fabby bright pink pearls in the Works. I then finished off with some journaling and a sticker title. Hope you like it.

Here is the sketch from SOUS.

7 comments:

  1. Hey there! This is SO fun!
    What a great time...I think all your choices
    are really the best! I try not to get all too caught
    up in matching, but I think we all do to some point!
    Either way, this turned out the best!
    Glad you liked the sketch!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so Pretty, I love the colors! I feel the same way about picking out colors, that's the hardest thing for me and takes me the longest time and don't even get me started on patterned papers, LOL! (I have such a hard time using my favs, which seem to be ALL of them, lol!) I love the picture too, looks like FUN and you did a great job with the sketch (those are a whole other issue for me too, LOL!)! So glad you joined us over at SOUS, I Love that ribbon flower also!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo "wild and crazy" but in a good way!!! :o) You did a fantastic job with the paper.... LOVE IT!!! PERFECT with your photo!!! It looks like it was a fun party!!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, Caroleanne .. well, you know there are some photos that are just hard to scrap unless we convert them to b/w. But then again I like to remember the colors of the clothes usually. So I think you overcame some wild crazy prints and turned it in to a lovely page! Thanks a million for using my sketch. I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent take on the sketch Caroleanne & I love the photo .. gotta love the 60s clothes !!!!! hugz X:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! You did an amazing job with this sketch and your colors are spot on... plus, I love that photo, too cute!!
    thnx for playing along with us at S.O.U.S
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture!!! Papers match perfectly, and your flowers are perfect!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.