Wednesday, 16 May 2012

MUDEFORD

Morning all scrappers, here is a layout I have just finished using a sketch from STUCK ON YOU SKETCHES for my inspiration.
I love pink and yellow together so thought this would be perfect for my photo. The backing paper is from Prima I think. So, first I chose my cardstock and colours and matted my photo and made a border from a scalloped edge ruler. I then matted my doilies in pink Bazzill and layered everything up as per the sketch, that I have turned on its side. I cut out some butterflies from the background cardstock, you can just make out three of them. (I used the middle of the cardstock from under the photo so I didnt have to cut into a fresh sheet). I then used my sewing machine to stitch around parts of the layout with white thread. Then it was time for the best bit, to decorate. I hand made the large yellow flower from a Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die, inked the edges, sprayed on some glimmer mist, added a hand made pearl centre and curled up the edges for a more realistic look. I will put a tutorial up soon. I added lots more pink and yellow flowers and die cut some small green fronds. I adhered some pearls and a die cut title. Hope you like it and give it a go. See sketch below.

FOR SKETCH CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/