Wednesday, 2 May 2012

PARTY ON

Good morning everyone. Here is my take on a sketch from STUCK ON YOU SKETCHES from 27 April.
I chose my papers first, going for the salmon colour Jessie is wearing plus brown and light aqua from the background.  Then I matted the photo and cut out all my layers. I hand cut the banners and matted them onto brown Bazill cardstock. I started layering up as per the sketch and took out my sewing machine to attach some of the peices. When everything was secure I made the doily lace trim from a regular 6" doily and tucked that underneath the border which I stuck down with foam pads to even out the lift. I die cut some hearts and inked the edges. Then I started to decorate with Prima flowers and butterflies. I die cut some small pine branches (punch bunch) and added the title and the journaling block. Hope you like it and give it a go.

Here is the sketch
stuckonyousketches.blogspot