Friday 12 May 2017

GECKO GALZ DESIGN TEAM REVEAL - ART JOURNAL PAGE - 12th May

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog and my latest project for 
Here is my very first art journal page!
 

I bought a plain kraft card covered sketch book and some water colour paper. (From poundland)
The idea for this page is to get lots of texture.
 HERES HOW
Cut down the paper to fit the sketch book page
Cover the water colour paper in gesso
Crumple up the sheet of tissue (mine was the same size as the page)
Apply to the wet gesso randomly, apply more gesso
Add strips of lace down one side, cover with gesso
Using a stencil and more gesso or texture paste, apply all over 
Add cheesecloth and more gesso
Add cotton threads randomly over page, apply more gesso
Now add micro beads into the mix
Choose three different colour sprays, or paints watered down
Apply randomly by flicking, spraying or dabbing
Allow to dry
Now start to decorate with flowers, sisal, butterflies and words.

You will need;
Tissue paper, cotton thread, cheesecloth, white lace, sisal, micro beads, stencil, texture paste, flowers, brown chalk ink, stamens and pearl string.

GECKO GALZ PRODUCTS

Butterfly Wings Digital Collage Set
Charming Words collage set
CLOSE UPS

FREE STAMP
LINK TO HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN TEXTURE PASTE
I made mine in 2013 in a large tub and it is still fine!!
xxx
I hope you like my journal page and have a go.
That's all for now, do look out for more art journal pages from the rest of the team.
Bye for Now.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.