Friday, 2 March 2012

HAPPY DAYS

 Here is a layout using the SKETCHABILITIES SKETCH no. 66. I loved this sketch as I really like to get  more than one photo onto a page, otherwise all my albums are too huge and too heavy to pick up! Ive used peach and aqua here which Ive taken from the main photo. I matted the photos in aqua card and chose a pretty peach background card. I then found a matching peachy paper from Prima and a soft aqua one with stripes, cant remember where that is from. I distressed the stripy aqua around the edges and matted it onto the peach card. I added a large doily, (of course), just love those doilys, and cut a circle from some white  Prima cardstock that had some soft background writing on it. I inked the edges and stuck these down. I hand cut a scalloped border  using a scallop ruler in thepeachy paper and inked the edges. I hand cut a retro heart and inked the edges and placed just behind the birdcage. I also hand cut a half circle in the peachy paper to go behind the doily in the right hand corner.  Then I added the photos. Then the best bit, the decorating. I added a dusty attic chippie (the birdcage) after painting it and adding Glossy Accents glaze. Then I added a Tim Holtz bird diecut that I painted and glazed. I stamped and cut out a little Prima birdcage, die cut some  dragonflies then I added aqua pearls onto their bodies. I  added the Prima flowers and pearls. For the title I used a chippy for the word HAPPY that I crackled with Tim Holtz picket fence crackle paint and then glazed. I die cut the word DAYS and inked and glazed it. I added some fabric gauze  in the top left corner to soften , and then added my secret journaling box. It didnt take as long as it sounds! Happy Friday.
Here is the sketch.