Wednesday 15 August 2012

MY BABY LOVE

Good morning scrappers.
Here is a layout I have just finished using a sketch from Once Upon A Sketch for my inspiration.
For this one I chose blue and yellow from the photo using some Websters papers and some Bazzill blue cardstock.
 So, first of all I matted my photo then made some corrugated card brackets for the back. For these I used some corrugated card sleeves that came off two take away coffees!!! I love using free stuff that could be used on a page!!
Then I double matted some larger papers and glued all this down, I added a couple of peachy peices of cardstock in the opposite corners, and I inked all the edges. I love pale blue, peach and soft yellow together and thought the peach would soften everything as I didnt want this layout to look like it was a boy page. Also I used these soft colours to represent Spring.
This is Jessie when she was about 18 months - 2 years old.
Anyway, then I die cut the hanging post in chipboard and painted it and made a hanging sign.
I die cut the butterfly, and made a beaded body for it.
I then added the lace and decorated with peach and lemon flowers. I added a tiny title -  too cute for words - and my title with letter stickers. I added one of my hand made pearl stick pins in lemon. Hope you like it, its a nice easy page if you want to give it a go.
The theme for the sketch is Seasons. My secret journaling reads: Spring is in the Air - we had just visited Monkey World and Jessie fell in love with the biggest stuffed monkey there. Of course we ended up bringing it home with us!  (p.s the hidden journaling is behind the photo ).
See the sketch below.

http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Scrappy Stash
Bazzill cardstock
Websters papers
Corrugated coffee sleeves
Lace trim
Sticky back pearls
Flowers (Prima)
Leaves (Prima)
Mini roses (wild orchid crafts)
Brown ink
Alphabet stickers
Pearl stick pin
Die cut butterfly (Cheery Lyn)
Hanging post (Tim Holtz die)
Prima butterfly

11 comments:

  1. What a charming photo! Love that big smile! I'm also admiring that handmade pin of yours...beautiful work. Great take on the challenge & sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree great photo...this is just beautiful Caroleanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!!
    Gorgeous page!
    Thanks for join us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is a lovely season and you have really used the perfect soft colours on your page! adorable photo! love that sign and the sweet blooms. Thanks a bunch for sharing your page with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Love the lace. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how clean and crisp this layout is even if the colors are soft. Lovely use of details.
    Thank you for playing with us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute!!! Wonderful layout with beautiful details! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, this is adorable! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely happy face matched with beautiful, happy colours and embellies!! Thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this layout, Carole! The corrugated card is a great idea!! x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.