Friday 9 May 2014

STUCK ON YOU SKETCHES DESIGN TEAM REVEAL - THE BEACH - MAY 9th


Hi everyone  Happy Friday and welcome to the 
STUCK ON U SKETCHES DESIGN TEAM REVEAL.
 I have used this fab sketch from our lovely Leah, I hope you give it a go, there are great prizes to be won.
Scroll down for instructions, items I used and links to tutorials.
I also put this into the Inkido challenge and Berry71Bleu challenge for May, see below for
details.
http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/
 
SIMPLE PLEASURES CHALLENGE 
And the Berry 71 Bleu challenge is here http://berry71bleu.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenge-rules.html
I love the beach it is first and foremost my happy place.
Also it the place for simple pleasures. Sun, sand, sea, shells, swimming - all simple but wonderful things. 
HERES HOW
Take a sheet of  pretty paper and distress all around the edges with some white paint and some golden yellow paint.
Add some stamping.
Double matt your photo and lightly adhere to the pretty paper.
Take a punch and punch top and bottom edges of a piece of cardstock cut to 9 x 7 inches.
Adhere to page.
Cut two more layers and adhere as per the sketch.
Add some hessian/burlap to top left and bottom right of the layout.
Add muslin beneath the photo.
Start to attach assorted flowers and embellishments, I used a hot glue gun.
Die cut the title and add some journaling, mine is in a journaling box I have hidden under the photo.
SCRAPPY STASH
Pretty paper from my stash
Plain cardstock and Kraft card
White paint
Golden yellow paint
Martha Stewart edge punch
Black ink
Assorted Prima stamps
Shells from the beach
Assorted flowers
Hessian/Burlap in two colours
Shell punch
Butterflies
Beaded pins
Blue fern studios chipboard arrow - Widgetworks
Remnants of chipboard - BFS
Memory Box label die
Muslin
Zipper flower I made
Tulle and chiffon for flower I made
Beaded centre I made from pearls.
LINKS
 
That's all for now, thank you so much for visiting my blog I would love it if you would become a follower as I am trying to reach 100. And thank you for all your lovely comments.
Bye for now. x

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the beach theme and it looks like your photo just blends into your background. Love the hessian too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pic and beautiful layout! Love all the yummy flowers, seashells and textures. Happy Mothers Day! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and a great photo - the beach is my happy place too!!! - thanks for joining us at inkido challengexo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the textures and clusters on this page. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Awesome layout!!! I love it!!
    Thank you for playing at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page for our challenge this month on Inkido !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout, love the flowers and shells!! Thanks so much for joining us again at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photo and beautiful layout. I love see and beach also :) Walking along the beach is my one of favourite simple pleasures :) Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful page! Thanks for playingg along with us at Inkdido!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful LO CarolAnne...Love what you did with the beach theme.Thanks for sharing with us at berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous beach theme layout! Love this! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful beach themed layout.
    So happy you played along with our May challenge at Inkido!!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely page with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing photo and beautiful layout lovely beach details

    ReplyDelete
  14. So interesting! Love the colors!
    Thanks for joining to us at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page and love all the beachy elements, along with your beautiful photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely layout! Gorgeous details. Thanks for playing along with us at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.