Monday, 17 September 2012

AHOY


Morning all, here is a layout I have just finished using a sketch from STUCK ON YOU SKETCHES
as my inspiration.
I have used colours from the photo and lots of circles for this one.
Here is how I did it.
I used a circle cutter to crop my photo, then I cut out lots of random circles in various blues and tan.
I matted my photo and started to layer up all my circles onto the dotty brown background card- stock.
When I was happy with the layers I inked up all the edges and  glued everything down.
I then made a double  mat in ovals for my Fairy Belle journaling box and glued this in place.
I then found some string to continue the boat rope onto the page and glued it down.
I found some cheesecloth peices to add some texture and stuck them down with some gesso that I had made. I also painted some of this randomly on the page.
I started to decorate with flowers and gems and made some butterflies with glass beaded bodies.
I found a button and twine in the lovely tan colour and added this to the page and a few other embellishments including a wooden banner, a brown leaf, two mini bird stickers, a compass, two hand made stick pins, a small metal shell and a string bow  to finish off. I used stickers for my title. I just need to add some journaling in the box and thats done. See sketch below.

http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/