Thursday 6 September 2012

GOTTA DANCE


USING COMPLIMENTARY COLOURS 

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great summer. Schools back  for most of us, so lots of scrappy time coming up.
My computor has been up the creek so I havnt posted for a while, but here is my latest page.

For those of you who dont know where to start with colours I thought I'd get out my colour wheel and give a few tips. For this layout I have used green and red from the photo, which are opposite each other on the colour wheel - complimentary colours.

No sketch for this one. So here is what I did.

Step 1 -  I double matted the photo in some plain and some pretty paper and inked the edges.
I then then matted the green background cardstock with the red scalloped card.
I cut an 8x8 square in pretty paper (websters I think) and inked the edges.
I added some brown scalloped card underneath.
I added a red circle on top of this, then a doily.
I added another circle of pretty paper and inked the edges.
I added my matted photo.
I added another smaller doily in the bottom right hand corner and added some paper with holes in in the top right hand corner and tucked in a few more brown scallops.
I used some red and white flowers and hand- made three butterflies and hand- beaded the bodies.
Hope you like it and give green and red a go. BFN

1 comment:

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.