Tuesday 22 January 2013

Brrr - Snow - Always an unexpected pleasure

Good morning scrappers - hope its not too snowy and cold where you are.
These are the pictures of us in the snow last week.
For this layout I have used a sketch from Sketchabilities for my inspiration.

 I found some brilliant snowy background paper that really showed what kind of day it was.
I then chose my background colours, which I kept quite monochromatic and went from there.
Here is what I did.
First I adhered my photos onto some white cardstock and drew a line around them  using a ruler.
I cut this out and adhered to some dark green cardstock and did the same.
I then drew around a template and cut out the bracket style border. I  matted  this onto dark green card.
I glued this down and attached my photos.
I  added a one inch strip of cardstock on either side and added two  peices of bunting to which I added some pearls.
I added some more bunting in green and white.
I took some texture/ modelling paste, and added  snowy white edges with a paint brush.
I added my flowers and title and two small doillies.
I then finished off with the journalling banner at the bottom, the date and three small rose buds.
I added some texture paste to the flowers and leaves as well. I hope you like it, see sketch below.


SCRAPPY STASH
White, green and grey cardstock
Pretty background paper
Sizzix bunting die
Assorted flowers and leaves
Sticky backed pearls
Bracket template (I used some patterned card in this shape)
Ruler
Texture paste and paint brush
Glue
Sizzix alphabet die
Black pen

5 comments:

  1. Nice page! like the the main paper so perfect for your page!! thanks for playing with us at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!! lot's of details love it greetings janneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout, that background paper fits perfectly! :) Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! really love the background paper, thanks for joining in at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.