Monday 14 January 2013

SANTAS GROTTO

   
Happy Monday ladies. Today I thought I would show you how I put a page together from start to finish.
This is my first BUILD A PAGE.
In 12 easy steps. See below.
My many layers Layout
Step 1 - Choose background card and one sheet of pretty paper. Cut round a template to achieve a scallop and ink the edges.

Step 2 - Matt your photo onto a peice of co-ordinating cardstock and ink the edges and distress.

Step 3 - Cut out another matt just a little larger than the last one, distress the edges then ink the edges and place underneath the first matt.
Step 4 - Cut out another matt, slightly larger again and place underneath.
I used a peice of corrugated card and painted with some Modeling paste and inked the edges.

Step 5 - I added another layer, this time using some co-ordinating hessian fabric.

Step 6 - I added a white doilly.

Step 7 - I used a scalloped ruler and cut out the blue border.

Step 8 - I added a darker blue border strip aprox 2 inches wide.

Step 9 - Add another narrower border strip in a co-ordinating colour ( I used the burgundy).

Step 10 - I added another layer, this time using a picket fence die.

Step 11 - I glued everything down at this stage, but you can glue as you go.
 I used a heat gun for the hessian and the cardboard  and some photo tape for the rest.

Step 12 - Gather together all your embellishments that you think will match.
Or you can do this at the start.

And now for the fun bit. Glue all your embellishments in place and add the title.
Now its time for the journalling. I have put a journalling box underneath the layers.
And there you have it - a layered up layout with flowery embellishments.
I hope you give it a go.

SCRAPPY STASH
 Plain cardstock in three colours
One sheet of pretty paper (Pion)
One peice of corrugated cardboard
Hessian fabric
White doily
Modeling paste
Coloured ink
Picket fence die (marriane creatables)
Scalloped edge ruler
Large scallop template
Assorted flowers
Red berries
Gold holly
Hot glue gun
Adhesive

2 comments:

  1. I entered this into Shonas Layer it up challenge over at the flying unicorn.
    http://flyingunicornforums.com/forum/topic/1622

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tutorial, I'm always afraid to layer too much but when you first look here you don't realise there are so many layers, I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.