Friday 18 January 2013

SOUS FRIDAY SKETCH REVEAL - SNOW BUNNY

Happy Friday everyone. And can you believe it - its snowing here! How appropriate for this photo!
This is a picture of Jessie when she was about 3-4. She is now 16yrs old.

For this sketch I decided to go with the dotty background as per the sketch, and use pink, brown and white.
So this is how I did it.
I double matted my photo in pink, then brown cardstock.
I  cut a doily lace background from white cardstock using a border punch.
I adhered this to my polka dot paper then added a pink peice of plain cardstock.
I attached my matted photo and cut another lace peice of white cardstock and glued this behind the photo.
I then added a pink die-cut scalloped border behind the photo to put my journalling on.
I  added my wooden snowflakes with the extra photos on. I painted these white and inked the edges.
I die- cut the picket fence in brown and added this.
Next I  die-cut the banner in pink and brown, attached this with pink brads and added the die cut title.
Then it  was time to embellish. I added lots of flowers, a small stick pin and a pink bow.
I hope you like it and give it a go.
Thats all for now. Enjoy the snow.

http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/original-sketch-jan-18-2013.html
SCRAPPY STASH
Polka dot background paper - My Minds Eye
Pink, white and brown plain cardstock - Bazzill
Doily lace border punch - Martha stewart
Banner dies - Sizzix
Picket Fence die - Marianne Creatables
Wooden snowflakes - Lidl
Alphabet die - Tim Holtz
Assorted flowers
Sticky back pearls
Stick pin
Pink bow

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful layout Carole, I love the pink and black. Great title and banner, love the flower clusters and what great memories in those photo's. A very striking page... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing take on the sketch love the little photos too...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE this Carole! You rocked the sketch and I love the pink and the edge punching. It all goes together like it belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing take in the sketch. Love the colors and all the fabulous details

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous !! love that photo & your choices of papers & embellies .. super banner !!! hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great nontraditional frosty page! Loving all the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! The color combo is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroleanne, this is adorable!!!! Love the banner, the punched edges, and the colors are so unusual for winter but perfect with your photo!!! Have a great week!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.