Friday, 18 January 2013

SOUS FRIDAY SKETCH REVEAL - SNOW BUNNY

Happy Friday everyone. And can you believe it - its snowing here! How appropriate for this photo!
This is a picture of Jessie when she was about 3-4. She is now 16yrs old.

For this sketch I decided to go with the dotty background as per the sketch, and use pink, brown and white.
So this is how I did it.
I double matted my photo in pink, then brown cardstock.
I  cut a doily lace background from white cardstock using a border punch.
I adhered this to my polka dot paper then added a pink peice of plain cardstock.
I attached my matted photo and cut another lace peice of white cardstock and glued this behind the photo.
I then added a pink die-cut scalloped border behind the photo to put my journalling on.
I  added my wooden snowflakes with the extra photos on. I painted these white and inked the edges.
I die- cut the picket fence in brown and added this.
Next I  die-cut the banner in pink and brown, attached this with pink brads and added the die cut title.
Then it  was time to embellish. I added lots of flowers, a small stick pin and a pink bow.
I hope you like it and give it a go.
Thats all for now. Enjoy the snow.

http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/original-sketch-jan-18-2013.html
SCRAPPY STASH
Polka dot background paper - My Minds Eye
Pink, white and brown plain cardstock - Bazzill
Doily lace border punch - Martha stewart
Banner dies - Sizzix
Picket Fence die - Marianne Creatables
Wooden snowflakes - Lidl
Alphabet die - Tim Holtz
Assorted flowers
Sticky back pearls
Stick pin
Pink bow