Tuesday 26 March 2013

MEMORY - FROZEN IN TIME


Hi everyone, I have been playing about with my blog, sorry it keeps changing! Its because I don't really know what Im doing and am trying it all out by trial and error! It was looking a bit messy so I hope I have simplified it once and for all.

Anyway,  here is my latest layout.
I used a sketch from My Creative Scrapbook for my inspiration. See sketch below.



So, for this layout I chose the colours from the photo and I matted my photo in brown then blue, then brown.
I turned the base layer into a doily effect by using a Martha Stewart doily punch, which I then adhered to white cardstock.
I then used a honeycomb stamp and texture paste and stamped onto the background. I also did some stamping with brown ink.
When this had dried I added my layers as per the sketch.
I then added a matted journaling box to the side.
This done I started to decorate.
I made the banners first then I added my stickers and flowers( some of which I made) and pearls.
I used mainly white and aqua but I wanted to pick out the pink dummy and green jellies.
Last but not least I added the title.
I hope you like it.

SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock in various colours
Patterned brown paper
Patterned dotty blue paper
Patterned dotty brown paper all from My Minds Eye
White doilies
Sizzix banner die
Journaling box and stickers (but I cant remember where from)
Hand made mulberry flowers
Various other flowers
Sticky back pearls
Texture paste
Honeycomb stamp - Kaiser Kraft
Scalloped scissors to make the flowers
Brown chalk ink.


6 comments:

  1. too cute! love the details and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of an art easel and what a lovely picture you've created, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks lovely, I love the pink.. and this layout is so sweet.. I love the beautiful blur color you have used here and love the doileys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty layout! Love the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely layout, adorable photo.. Thank you for joining the My Creative Scrapbook sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the flowers. Thanks for having fun with MCS.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.