Monday 4 March 2013

GROW

                                                  
 
Hi lovely scrappers and welcome to my blog.
Here is a layout I have just finished for a sketch challenge over at Scrap That.
See sketch and link below.
 
This is how I put the page together.
I kept to the colours in the photo so chose pale green, lemon and blue.
I double matted my photo and distressed the edges.
I cut out the half scalloped border using a cardstock template and inked the edges.
I then double matted my pretty background paper with  green and lemon and distressed the edges.
I added the scallop border.
I then added some other border strips underneath the photo.(Just seen). I used some cardboard that I inked.
I added the doily. (I just love doilies)!
I then used the same pretty paper, reverse side, to add the torn piece in the top right corner and inked the edges.
I cut out the birdcage from the same paper and stamped a little bird inside.
I added some rose buds, punched flowers and punched branches to the birdcage.
I then decorated with an assortment of flowers and leaves and added two die cut dragonflies with my hand made beaded pins as bodies.
I added brooch cut from the same paper and a few pearls.
And there you have it, a lovely memory in about 12 easy steps.
 
http://scrapthat.ning.com/forum/topics/march-new-blooms-kit-sketch-challenge


SCRAPPY STASH
Pretty paper - I think it was Kaisercraft
Cardstock in three different colours
Paper doily
Cardboard
Brown ink
Assorted flowers and leaves
Sticky back pearls in various sizes
Rose buds
Assorted flowers
Branch punch mini and medium - woodware
Flower punch mini - e k success
Sizzix sizzlits dragonfly die
Beaded pins
Pearl strip
Verse of the Day
         Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 NIV



1 comment:

  1. Great clustering of the flowers, they look amazing. The little ones on the birdcage are so cute and these colours are wow...

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.