Wednesday 6 June 2012

KENT

Good morning scrappers - hope you all had a great Jubilee weekend, ( I didnt get any scrapping done as I was glued to the festivites on the television, plus we had a street party).
I finished this on Saturday and for this layout I used a sketch from Sketchabilities.
The papers are from Basic Grey.
So, first I chose my colours from the photo, then matted the photos. Then I started to choose the papers for the different layers as per the sketch. I cut two large circles out (I drew around a plate) and matted one on top of the other.  I cut 2 small circles out and did the same. I cut out 2 large rectangles and matted them, then I started to glue these down. I then added my matted photos.
I made some borders, one using my large scalloped scissors, just love those scissors, and used a die for the banners. I lay down my borders, added some ribbon, die cut a couple of hearts, then found some matching flowers. The grey one is from Basic Grey and I made the white one from some lace. The centre is from Basic Grey as well. I added in some mini roses and some pearls, die cut the title and there you have it. Another quick layout - why not give it a go.  The sketch is below.


Sketchabilities
                                                                       sketch No. 72

4 comments:

  1. I love your colour combo & gorgeous cluster!
    Fabulous photos too...thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on the Sketch! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the sketch! So glad you could join us at Sketchabilities in our latest challenge. Please check out my blogaversary giveaway here http://onescrapatatime-bymumsie.blogspot.com/2012/06/blogaversay-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful flower cluster. You have done a great job with the sketch, thanks so much for joining us at Skethcabilities!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.