Wednesday, 20 June 2012

SO PROUD OF YOU


Good morning this sunny Wednesday. Here is a layout using Sketchabilities Sketch No. 73 for my inspiration. Jessie is stood in front of our magnolia tree and I wanted to capture it before the blooms all disapeared, they do not last for long. Also I wanted to capture this day, as Jess brought home the most brilliant report card from school, so we celebrated by going out for dinner.

Here is what I did;
I used some Bazzill  dark pink, light pink and green cardstock and some Prima script paper.
I cut an inch off the black prima card stock and adhered this onto the dark pink card.
I cut 2 inches off the pale pink card and using a black pen added faux stitching all around the edges.
I added some border pieces of card as per the sketch and matted my photos, then glued all this down.
I then made the banner just by hand cutting out and adhered this with two black brads.
I then added a lace border and started to decorate with matching flowers. I added a butterfly and dragonfly and one of my hand made stick pins. I added the doilys and made the large pink flower with some chiffon and netting fabric. (And my tim holtz tattered floral die). I added the gems and there you have it. The title is from Websters alphabets. (The fabrics came from a small pack from poundland!)  See sketch below. BFN

http://sketchabilities.blogspot.co.uk/