Wednesday 20 June 2012

SO PROUD OF YOU


Good morning this sunny Wednesday. Here is a layout using Sketchabilities Sketch No. 73 for my inspiration. Jessie is stood in front of our magnolia tree and I wanted to capture it before the blooms all disapeared, they do not last for long. Also I wanted to capture this day, as Jess brought home the most brilliant report card from school, so we celebrated by going out for dinner.

Here is what I did;
I used some Bazzill  dark pink, light pink and green cardstock and some Prima script paper.
I cut an inch off the black prima card stock and adhered this onto the dark pink card.
I cut 2 inches off the pale pink card and using a black pen added faux stitching all around the edges.
I added some border pieces of card as per the sketch and matted my photos, then glued all this down.
I then made the banner just by hand cutting out and adhered this with two black brads.
I then added a lace border and started to decorate with matching flowers. I added a butterfly and dragonfly and one of my hand made stick pins. I added the doilys and made the large pink flower with some chiffon and netting fabric. (And my tim holtz tattered floral die). I added the gems and there you have it. The title is from Websters alphabets. (The fabrics came from a small pack from poundland!)  See sketch below. BFN

http://sketchabilities.blogspot.co.uk/

3 comments:

  1. love the DIY stick pin and the flower garland! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious photos and a lovely page! The colors are beautiful with your pictures. Love your flowers and bling and how you added part of the title to the banner. Wonderful job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great take on the sketch!
    Love the colors and the title in the banner. Thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.