Thursday 26 January 2012

On the Sea Shore

Hi  I am still doing photos from last year, this is one of the last days at the beach. Ive used a Prima paper for the background, and some Bazzill for the matting. I handmade the brickwork, by cutting up some card into little bricks and then glueing them down onto some card, and then gone over them with gesso to fill in the cracks, then I painted them white, and chalked on one of them. Easy peasy, just a little time consuming. I also handmade the large birdcage by cutting up some corrugated card  and painting it white then adding some gold paint. I then added the chain and a few stamped birds. the stamped birds are from Prima. Unusually no flowers for this one, I didnt think it needed it. The small birdcage is also a Prima stamp, and so is the brick wall journaling block. The inspiration for this one is a sketch from sketchabilities No. 63. see below.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos & great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped across from SJCrafts and have been having a look at your gorgeous blog. fantastic layouts and there is so much inspiration that i've become a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys, many thanks for all your lovely comments, and thank you for becoming a follower. Have a great day. BFN Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Lo and I love what you have done thanks for playing at Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.