Wednesday 9 January 2013

FOCUS



Hi everyone. Here is my latest layout using a sketch from C'est Magnifique Kit Club.

If you would like to give it a go this is how I did it.
So, first of all choose your papers. I chose a pretty paper from a Prima Collection called Natures Garden for my background . I  also chose some pretty purple cardstock that matched the photo.
Then I matted my photo in three different purples and distressed the edges. I used a Prima distressing tool, but the edge of your scissors would do the job.
I then double matted a white doily, using my wiggly scissors to cut out the circles.
I made a ruffle border by using another Prima paper from the same collection. I sprayed this with water first to make it more pliable.Then I glued it down.
I then took some soft white fabric and glued this underneath the ruffle.
I  added a small lace border and a purple border to either side of the ruffle. (Can just be seen).
I made half a concertina flower for one side, and added some flowers.
I die cut a bird and birdcage and painted the bird with some dabbers.
I added more flowers and pearls and a die cut branch frond to either side.
I made a small bird with some clay.
I finished the page off with some lace in the top corner and added some flowers and pearls.
I made two beaded dragonflies, stickled the wings and glued these down with hot glue.
I added a Prima journalling box, just peeping out from under the photo.
Then I added the title. Hope you like it. Click on the link below to take you to the sketch.



SCRAPPY STASH
Prima pretty papers
Plain cardstock
White doilly
White fabric
Assorted flowers
Sticky backed pearls
Sizzix die cut - branches
Tim Holtz Alphabet die
Tim Holtz Bird and Birdcage die
Mixed beads and Bead Heads
Paint dabbers
Stickles glitter glue
Sizzix sizzlitts draginfly die
Purple sparkly brad
Thin lace
Deep border lace
Prima journalling block



1 comment:

  1. wow, how pretty is this layout? Really gorgeous I say, I love the colours and the flower clusters.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.