Sunday 12 January 2014

SMILE AND BE HAPPY with how to BUILD A PAGE


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.
Today I have a BUILD A PAGE for you so you can see how to put this page together.
I have used COLOR STORIES INSPIRATION #104 for my inspiration.
This one was a real challenge for me that's why I decided to do it as there is no way I would normally use all these bright colours together!
http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/
and Sketchabilities #106 for my design - http://sketchabilities.blogspot.co.uk/
AND HERE IS HOW
STEP 1
I forgot to take the first couple of photos but this is what I did.
Take a sheet of white cardstock and paint all over with Gesso. When dry take a mask and some texture paste and mask all over the card.

 STEP 2
When dry, take some mists and mist all over the page then use a sponge or kitchen towel to  blend out the edges. I also used some blue paint around the edge. When dry rip the page down a little.
Adhere to a 12x12 sheet of white card.
 STEP 3
Take some corrugated cardboard and paint it using white paint then rip around the edges to the required size.
 STEP 4
When dry, add a couple of ripped borders of corrugated card.
 STEP 5
Add matted photo
STEP 6
Start adding layers.

 STEP 7
Add two borders of lace top and bottom.
 STEP 8
Add title.
STEP 9
Decorate with flowers and embellies.

 
 
STEP 10
Don't forget the journaling. I made a couple of changes at the end with the lace border at the top and adding a little black bird. And I added some doodling to the top and bottom of page as per sketch.
 
SCRAPPY STASH
White cardstock, Gesso, White paint, Various mists, Corrugated cardboard, Damask pink paper from C.S.I Co ordinates, Sizzix caged bird die, assorted flowers, title and frame - C.S.I Co ordinates,
Clock face -http://www.pinterest.com/caroleanne345/clocks/
Mist and mask from my Cest Magnifique Mixed Media Kit here http://cestmagnifiquekits.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_10.html
Martha Stewart doily punch, pink roses lace strip, black pen, hot glue gun, foam pads, mask, texture paste - http://theprettypaperpatisserie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/homemade-texture-past.html
This is how I solved the case,
THE SCHEME - I used all 5 colours.
EVIDENCE      - I used crowns - in the photo, damask paper, lace roses, paper lace border, paint for the background, cardboard and birds.
TESTIMONY    - I framed the title and added a C.S.I journaling block with the 5 Ws -
 WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY.
 
HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND GIVE IT A GO.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG AND LEAVING ME YOUR KIND COMMENTS
AND DONT FORGET I AM HAVING A GIVEAWAY THIS WEEK, JUST SCROLL DOWN FOR THE INFORMATION
I WILL PICK A WINNER NEXT FRIDAY
BYE FOR NOW.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout! Love the bold colors and punched border! Thanks for playing along w/sketch #106 at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layout and great tutorial!
    thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout! Love the colors, great picture. Thanks for sharing the process! A new follower. Come visit sometime would love a new friend. All the best! :) http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.