Friday 2 March 2012

HAPPY DAYS

 Here is a layout using the SKETCHABILITIES SKETCH no. 66. I loved this sketch as I really like to get  more than one photo onto a page, otherwise all my albums are too huge and too heavy to pick up! Ive used peach and aqua here which Ive taken from the main photo. I matted the photos in aqua card and chose a pretty peach background card. I then found a matching peachy paper from Prima and a soft aqua one with stripes, cant remember where that is from. I distressed the stripy aqua around the edges and matted it onto the peach card. I added a large doily, (of course), just love those doilys, and cut a circle from some white  Prima cardstock that had some soft background writing on it. I inked the edges and stuck these down. I hand cut a scalloped border  using a scallop ruler in thepeachy paper and inked the edges. I hand cut a retro heart and inked the edges and placed just behind the birdcage. I also hand cut a half circle in the peachy paper to go behind the doily in the right hand corner.  Then I added the photos. Then the best bit, the decorating. I added a dusty attic chippie (the birdcage) after painting it and adding Glossy Accents glaze. Then I added a Tim Holtz bird diecut that I painted and glazed. I stamped and cut out a little Prima birdcage, die cut some  dragonflies then I added aqua pearls onto their bodies. I  added the Prima flowers and pearls. For the title I used a chippy for the word HAPPY that I crackled with Tim Holtz picket fence crackle paint and then glazed. I die cut the word DAYS and inked and glazed it. I added some fabric gauze  in the top left corner to soften , and then added my secret journaling box. It didnt take as long as it sounds! Happy Friday.
Here is the sketch.

4 comments:

  1. such a pretty sketch...and I love your take on it...just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page - love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page
    tks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic take on the sketch...thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.