Wednesday 12 September 2012

DEVON


Morning all in happy scrappy land
Here is my layout using a sketch and colour scheme from Once Upon A Sketch and C.S.I.
This was a great challenge and really fun to do. Heres how I did it-
First I chose the cardstock from the colour story. Then I matted my photo and inked the edges.
I then tore up 4 layers of pretty papers in the colour scheme, (one was a freebie from C.S.I) to use under the photo.
I cut out a circle of bazzill cardstock in one of the colours and added a smaller circle on top using some pale honeycomb paper I have had forever. I inked the edges.
I adhered these to some pretty background cardstock from Kaisercraft.
I adhered all the layers and then matted my photo onto some cardboard to raise it off the page.
I made a cardboard border and inked it up.
I made another border from cardstock and added net on top and added this with matching brads.
I stuck these down and then die cut my banner using a sizzix die, when I then joined together with the brads.
I painted some honeycomb chipboard, in white (from dusty attic), and glued these down with glossy accents.
I then made some concertina flowers using a sizzix die and added large brads to the centres.
I chose some matching flowers, mostly Prima. I also added some net.
I punched and cut out some leaves. (Some from C.S.I. printouts).
I added a couple of tags from C.S.I printouts and used one of their journaling blocks for some hidden journaling.
Hidden journaling reads -  
Be kinD, tenderhEarted, forgiVing each other as GOd also iN christ, forgives you. Using an acrostic of Devon. That should cover the colour scheme, the evidence and the testimony.
Hope you like it and give it a go. See links below.


C.S.I Case File No. 36



7 comments:

  1. I was workign on this one last nite too ...love your take on both challenges :) beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...loved reading how you put this beauty together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! love your take of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the challenge Caroleanne.. love it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely take on the challenge! this is such a beautiful one, loved reading how you created it. Thanks so much for joining in with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply wonderful! You have done an amazing job on the sketch and case file. Thank you for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!! Love all the great layering, the chicken wire poking out, just gorgeous! So glad you joined us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.