Friday 5 October 2012

BORN TO FLY


Hi everyone, yay its Friday, where did the week go?
Here is a layout I had fun with, I used the C.S.I Case File no. 39 along with Once Upon A Sketch for my inspiration. These colours are so summery together.
So I chose my papers first and then matted my photo.
I chose orange for the background cardstock and gutted the centre so I could make another layer which I matted onto some blue Bazzill.
I found a lovely greeny/blue paper which I used for the backing that I hand- cut using a template and some wiggly scissors, which I then inked.
With my background all ready, I started to embellish.
First I made the concertina flower using a tim holtz die, then added a button to the centre.
I then added more flowers, some leaves (from the C.S.I freebies), and some skeleton leaves.
I added a small journalling block from the freebies also- (expand your horizons).
I then added a tim holtz die cut swirl and one of my stick pins.
I then added some blue and yellow flowers to the other side, some brads, a pearl and some tags from the freebie set.
I cut out a lovely little bird from the set and punched out a little frond for its beak.
I painted some picket fence with crackle paint in white and added this for the bird to sit on.
I found some blue hessian netting and crinkled this up and glued it down.
I hid some shells in amongst the netting.
I added some journalling and some butterflies, with hand made beaded bodies.
I then added the title using some alpha stickers. Hope you like it and give it a go. See below for details.


http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-39-case-closes-on-october-7-2012

Scrappy Stash
Bazzill cardstock
Patterned paper
Prima flowers
Sizzix paper rossette by tim holtz
Small frond branch punch
C.S.I freebie No 39
Brads
Pearls
Picket Fence
Range crackle paint in white
Netting
Shell stickers
Hand made stick pin
Butterflies
Button
Flourish Die by Tim Holtz.

3 comments:

  1. such a great photo...beautiful Caroleanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroleanne, just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog during the Bo Bunny blog hop. Love the colours in this layout!
    Take care
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely work...I like that netting towards the bottom--plus that little bird & fence are too cute! Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.