Tuesday 12 February 2013

A FIRST CLASS MURDER MYSTERY

Hi everyone, here is another layout I have just done, using a sketch from Sketchabilites No 84 for my inspiration. If you didnt know - I love sketches and challenges. If you want to give it a go just click on the link below.
So, for this one I chose to change some of my photos into sepia as this party was placed in the 1920s.
As it was our party I  decided to keep our picture in colour!!
Anyway, I then chose my papers and cardstock and double matted my photos.
I made a huge tag as per the sketch, using some Prima packaging and black cardstock.
I then matted my sepia colour cardstock ( I distressed the edges on this) onto black cardstock and glued this down.
I attached the large tag then added my matted photos.
Next I made the smaller tags using some Prima paper and black cardstock.
I then started to decorate.
I chose assorted flowers in neutral colours, I punched out some small branches, I made two large butterflies and added beaded bodies, I added some small pearl heart shaped buttons and a small wooden tag.
The journaling tag describes the characters and who dunnit!
Hope you like it and give it a go, the sketch or the party!! It was great fun by the way!

SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Prima pretty paper and packaging
Assorted flowers
Handmade butterflies
Beaded stick pins
Heart mother of pearl buttons
Pearls
Alphabet die
Branch punch
Wooden tag and wooden butterfly

2 comments:

  1. Really cool layout!! :) Thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.