Friday 22 February 2013

LETS PLAY






Happy Friday everyone. Here is a layout  I have just finished with Jessie when she was little.
For this one I used the colours from the photo, aqua and brown, with a little silver, plus I wanted to pick out a little of the green jelly shoes and pink dummy! I made the little pink flowers using a quilling tool.
So this is how I did it.
I used a sketch from SCRAPPING EVERYDAY MIRACLES for my inspiration. See link below.
I chose my papers and embellies.
I matted my photo first in brown then aqua and white papers and distressed all the edges.
I cut down the other three papers and distressed them as well.
I glued them down then added a doilly.
I added my matted photo.
I diecut  a birdcage and bird, then painted them.
I started to embellish with all my flowers and leaves and butterfly vine.
I added some doilly lace down the sides and some silver ribbon.
I added a couple of journal stickers.
I then added the title and a stick/hat pin.
I hope you like it and give it a go.

SCRAPPY STASH
Pretty papers x 4
Plain white cardstock
White doilly
Martha stewart doilly lace punch
Prima butterfly vine
Fabric butterfly
Sticky back pearls
Assorted flowers and leaves
Quilling tool and pink paper
Tim Holtz bird and birdcage die
White dabber paint
Brown ink
Crackle glaze
Stickers
Branch punch
Stick/hat pin
Silver ribbon

Friday Sketch Challenge
scrappingeverydaymiracles.BlogSpot
sketch by tracy Gregory
 

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the colours go so well with the photo, I love this. We have temperatures in the 30's (Celsius) so very warm here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the clusters of flowers and embellies! great colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is an incredible take on the sketch. You rock the shabby chic girl. Thanks so much for sharing with us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol.......WOW, your layout is stunning ....loving all the gorgeous clusters of pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us in The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Great use of the sketch. All the flowers are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout Carol...and since you've linked it up to us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles, I'm thinking it was SEM's Tracey Gregory's beautiful sketch you used for inspiration (not Shabby Tea Room's)---it sure looks like it...just checking because it wasn't mentioned in your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara, thank you so much I hadnt realized Id got this all mixed up!Ive just edited my blog to put your link and pic of your sketch in there, hope I can still be included in your challenge. Many thanks and have a great day. Blessings from Caroleanne.x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful layout, the embellishments are stunning. Thanks for linking up with at at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. many thanks for all your wonderful comments,you really make my day. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. so detailed and beautiful! love the color combo - so bright and fresh!
    thank you for joining us at SEM for this sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous, shabby page with so many amazing details from the beautiful flower clusters to the sweet bird house. Such adorable photos too!! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a fabulous layout, I love all the little details. Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely work! thanks for joining us over at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww... What a great photo!! Super cute!!! I love all the flower layers! Stunning!! And such a great take on the sketch!!Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles..
    Toni - DT

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.