Monday 13 May 2013

WONDERLAND


Hi everyone, hope you had a great week end.
For my inspiration for this layout I have used a sketch challenge over on Scrap 365. http://sketchbook365.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/may-challenge.html
Original sketch by Gabrielle Pollaco


I matted my photos  first. Then I ripped down some pretty paper to 10x10inches.
I adhered this to my background cardstock.
I then added a white doily.
I added my matted photos.
I then started to layer up with cardboard, music paper, script paper, hessian and even a coffee filter!
I added a music paper border at the base of the photos.
Then I added my painted corner swirls.
I then added a dusty attic swirl.
Next I started to decorate with flowers, butterflies, a little bird on a branch and stamens and pearls.
Then I added a few more layers along the outside edges.
I ripped a little window in the top and put some script paper behind.
I added some hearts and the title. Page done!
A quick and easy page for you to try. Should take about an hour if you have everything prepared.
Why not give it a go, have fun.

SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
My Minds Eye pretty paper
Cardboard
Brown ink
Script paper
Music sheet
Doilies
Butterflies
Pearls
Assorted flowers
Dusty Attic flourish chipboard
Corner flourish chipboards
Sizzix hearts die
Sizzix alpha die
Martha Stewart clay kit to make the bird and branch.
Stamens from Wild Orchid Crafts
Hessian/burlap - I bought from a garden shop
Coffee filter in natural colour
White paint dabber.

4 comments:

  1. You really rocked this sketch, what a fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super great take on Gabby's sketch - you have indeed rocked it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super great take on Gabby's sketch - you have indeed rocked it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.....another work of art, loved your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.