Friday 9 August 2013

BEACHY

 
 
 
Morning all and happy Friday. Here is a layout I have just finished for a sketch challenge over at Inkido http://inkido.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/august-challenge-augusti-utmaning.html just click on this link if you want to give it a go. I have also combined this sketch with The Color Room  #156 for my colour combo. You can find it here http://www.thecolorrooms.com/index.html
 
For this layout I wanted to keep things looking a little bit heritage because of the photo.
 
This is what I did.
First I cut down a piece of pretty pink paper to 11x11 inches and distressed the edges.
I then set about distressing the background. I used mists that I sprayed, flicked and dabbed with a kitchen towel in three different colours and allowed to dry.
I then went over this with a sponge and a pink Pan Pastel to give a delicate pink hue.
I then chose my background cardstock to co ordinate with my picture. I adhered my paper to this.
I then matted my photo in the same cardstock and distressed the edges.
I cut out the border strips from the same cardstock and some script paper and adhered these.
I added some white pen to the edges.
I then started to decorate with flowers and shells using a glue gun.
I used alpha stickers for the title.
Why not give it a go.
 
SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Pretty papers (Prima and My Minds Eye)
White gel pen
Assorted flowers
Distress tool by Prima
Alpha stickers by Basic Grey
Shells from the beach
Shell punch by Woodware
Pink pan pastel and sponge.
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING MY BLOG AND LEAVING ME ENCOURAGING COMMENTS.  HAVE A GREAT WEEK END. BYE FOR NOW.


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch AND he colorroom palette!!Super picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture and a beautiful page! Thank you for playing along with Inkido this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and beautiful page! So glad you joined our sketch challenge at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on INKIDO sketch, thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I love the sea shells!!! Thanks for playing with us at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! Love your photo.
    Thanks for playing along at TCR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! :) Love the details and the soft colors! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Lovely! Thanks for Playing along at TCR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely vintage page! Thank you for joining Inkido challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.