Thursday 29 August 2013

HERITAGE



Morning lovely scrappers.

For todays layout I have used inspiration  from Berry 71 Bleu - August challenge -  to use textiles.
http://berry71bleu.blogspot.co.uk
No sketch for this one, I just winged it!
For this layout I applied Gesso all over my background cardstock to dull it down a little to give more of a vintage feel. I also misted the background with some tattered angels mists.
I then matted my photo and adhered to my cardstock.
I  started adding my layers, starting with the large doily.
Next I added some cardboard that I painted white.
I added another doily with green backing card.
For my textiles I made a hessian/burlap flower, a bow in hessian/burlap, and a piece of cotton seam binding that I sprayed with glimmer mist and ruched and attached with hot glue.
Then I added in a few extra layers that I inked and used some alphas for the title.
I added a metal button for my flower centre and decorated with assorted flowers and butterflies.
SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Pretty paper
White doilies
White gesso
White paint
Cardboard
Hessian/Burlap
White seam binding
Butterflies and beads
Metal button
Assorted flowers
Websters pages alphabet stickers.
I hope you like it.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING MY BLOG AND LEAVING ME LOVELY COMMENTS, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love all the textiles you used! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So shabby chic! So pretty!!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet page, thank you for joining Berry 71 Bleu challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout, you used many of my favorite materials like burlap and cardboard. The burlap flowers is beautiful! Thanks for joining the Aug Berry71Bleu Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.